beginners with rezound

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Tue Apr 22 08:44:07 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm on holiday in France, and i'm discovering rezound.

i'm running under Ubuntu Studio 7.10, with linux-rt enable.

i've got 2 sound card, and the pci one is connected to my speakers.

I'm using alsa by default.

Rezound was not installed by default, is it normal ?

with synaptic, i've installed it, at the first launch, while firefox was
opened with jiwa website working, it was impossible to read an audio
track in rezound with this error.

void CSoundPlayerChannel::play(sample_pos_t,CSoundPlayerChannel::LoopTypes,bool
    -- the sound player is not initialized

by starting rezound in terminal, i've discovered rezound is using OSS by
default, so the sound card can't work with an another program.

Is there a file, where it's possible to configure rezound to use ALSA or
jack, if this one is running ?

Thank's for all

Laurent