Usb Turntable

Fred Schuelzky phredsky at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 18 14:21:10 BST 2008

Hi
    I subscribed to this list a week or so ago and so far haven't seen a
lot of activity, I may have something set wrong.
I recently purchased a turntable, Numark TTXUSB with a Ortofon
cartridge.  I would like to digitize a 30 year old lp collection.
   So far I have not been able to make it work under Kubuntu.   Kinfo
center lists the device under usb devices, card config, and audio devices.
    The turntable has 2 outputs, standard rca jacks and a usb output, it
also has a built in preamp.  I've tried RCA  to sound card line in, and
usb input.  I d/l audacity from the repositories but I'm not sure that I
have it configured correctly.
    I does work under xp.

I'm new to Linux and would appreciate input.

Tia
Fred