studio live from a USB?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Apr 9 10:25:32 BST 2008

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:38:20 +0200
altern <altern2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all
>
> is if possible to have Ubuntu Stidio as a liveCD booting from a USB
> drive? I have a laptop with no cd drive. That would be nice to be
> able to install the system there. Otherwise I guess the best way to
> get Studio there would be to install normal Ubuntu from livecd on USB
> and then upgrade to Studio.
>
> thanks for tips
>
> enrike

There is and probably won't be a live-CD Version of ubuntu studio, but
I would guess that the ubuntu studio dvd could be booted from a
usb-stick in the same way.
I've never done that, but there are probably lots of guides around.

Installing normal ubuntu and adding the studio stuff would probably work
as well, I don't know if there are any differences besides the
additional packages that you will get with a default ubuntu install.

Philipp