Two Questions?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Tue Apr 1 14:19:15 BST 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:55:03 -0400
"Cory K." <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Ming wrote:
> > I think it's very appropriate... ;) I'm also wondering about
> > that.... and why doesn't ubuntu studio have a graphical installer &
> > bootloader (as in JAD - Jack Audio Distribution)?
>
> No graphical installer. Bootloader? Like a picture behind GRUB?
> Otherwise Usplash might fit this bill.
>
> > On 3/29/08, *Adrian Wells* <Pons_Varolii at comcast.net
> > <mailto:Pons_Varolii at comcast.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     This may not be an appropriate to ask here….but why doesn't
> > Ubuntu Studio have a liveCD?
> >

> Because we don't intend for Ubuntu Studio t be run as a live system.
> It also means it's another disk we have to maintain. We have enough
> work already. Especially with the fact that nobody besides the team
> really tests the current one.
>
> -Cory \m/

Cory, do you know if there will be a release candidate or something
like that in the near future? With my luck at downloading the beta the
earliest time to test it is tomorrow.
My updated thing from alpha4 is pretty much unusable for testing since
quite some stuff got messed up during the updates and due to my
experiments.

Also, please tell me where the focus of testing should be. Everything
is quite a lot and includes all the general ubuntu stuff.

Best Regards,
	Philipp