Perparing for a presentation on Ubuntu Studio

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Mon Sep 24 22:10:37 BST 2007

Andrew Hunter schrieb:
> Hartmut Noack wrote:
> I guess, he means what LASH is planned to become once ;-)
>
>> If there is another, more feature complete option, please let us know. :)
>
>> Until then, we make do.

Yehhss Yehhs - carry on the good work. LASH is indeed our last best hope
for peace ;-)

The trouble is, to get a total recall with the needed grade of totality,
you need to find out everything about the apps running in a session. Not
only their jackconnections but also the appropriate start-sequence and
most of all: the patches and project-files, they are using.

One way to achieve that would be, to provide a special-menu-app like
Dana Olsons Ubuntustudio-Starter. If you start an app from it, you could
be prompted to chose a pachfile to start the application with. But wat
if the user decides, that the basspatch he/she loaded for ams is not so
good and loads a FM-clavier instead with the file-open dialog of ams?

We think about some helper for LASH in Perl to do such tricks but not
much achieved we have yet...