Perparing for a presentation on Ubuntu Studio

Mark Stuart Burge mark at msbrepairs.com
Mon Sep 24 18:16:23 BST 2007

I have got into the habbit of using rosegarden to import midi.
I recently plugged in hexter as the gm device and saved the studio as
the default studio, so every time I open rosegarden, it automatically
loads hexter as the default gm device, so I get my simple piano
available to bang out a melody from my midi keyboard as soon as it arrives.

With jack, I have saved a patchbay config for each song I work on.
With zynaddsubfx (which is also in my default studio in rosegarden) I
save a parameters file for each song.
With ardour, session management is handled automatically, so that just
works nicely.
With JackRack, again, you can load a rack for each song.

As Ardour creates a folder for each session or song, I simple save all
of these settings files in that folder, so it is easy to migrate.

So when I open a song to continue working on, I just load each config
file into the multiple programs and I am up and running again.

I guess this is what lash is supposed to do, but I haven't tried it yet.