audio hardware

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Tue Sep 18 23:19:01 BST 2007

On Monday 17 September 2007, Cory K. wrote:
> Yes. This is a pain I agree but is the system we (the Ubuntu Studio
> project) work with. :( We really try to work with upstream as much as we
> can.

You'd probably be surprised how rarely we hear from maintainers from any
distro.  It's weird.

> I do feel that old isn't bad and that people need to stop wanting
> "bleeding edge" with everything.

The other side of that coin is when the users come to us to bitch about bugs
we fixed 18 months ago in a release that's been out for a year.

I'm sure other projects feel the same way, but I can also sympathize with how
painful your job is.  Everybody wants the very latest incremental point
release with three enhanced new icons, even though it came out a week after
the freeze you announced well in advance.

I don't have any better ideas than the current scheme of things.  It's just
annoying for all parties involved.

Plus the pay seriously sucks, and the hot gorgeous chicks have NOT been
beating a path to my door.  Don't know about you.  :D

> So I'm guessing you're a Rosegarden dev?

My fame and glory precede me again.  :)
--
D. Michael McIntyre