grace: app mutes the whole system... how to fix?

padovani josepadovani at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 11 01:09:17 BST 2007

Hi,
I've compiled grace (a graphical interface for CommonMusic) on
Ubuntu-Studio... But, when I run it, the app mutes my system. I tried to
run alsaconf but it wants a password that is not my root pass.. (?!)
Is there a way to run this app without leting it to mute the system? Any
idea why is it muting my system?
(I've already asked about it in cm list)...
here is more about grace (it uses juce and maybe the problem is related
with som default function of this library/toolkit)
http://pinhead.music.uiuc.edu/~hkt/icmc07/install/linux/readme.html
tx,
zé

PS: when i run cm from Xemacs I don't have this muting issue.