ubuntu studio and ubuntu 7.10

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 24 16:47:37 BST 2007

Matt Henry wrote:
> I also noted that when I installed the Ubuntu Studio 7.10 that it did
> not include the new "screens and graphics" item on the menus, and did
> not include compiz fusion.

The "Screens & Graphics" utility was something that hit Ubuntu proper
late that we missed. It will be added in Hardy. It's easy to grab
yourself for now. sudo apt-get install displayconfig-gtk

Compiz doesn't fit with our goals takes up needed disk space and we have
no plans on adding it. Ubuntu Studio is not aimed at desktop users and
is mostly unneeded eye-candy on production machines. (Also easily
grabbed manually.) ;)