ubuntu studio and ubuntu 7.10

Matt Henry mhenry35 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 16:23:23 BST 2007

That's a big decision - If I were you, I would check on the support forums - many people have had network problems with 7.10 (including me) which caused them not to be able to connect with wifi.  Some people experience random lockups, and in the gutsy upgrade experience poll, I noted that a large number of people reported problems they had not been able to solve.

  You may want to check out the problems people have been having and see if the problems would apply to you or not, prior to upgrading.

  I upgraded to 7.10 of Studio, lost my network connection, and finally had to reformat and install 7.04 again.  I also tried a fresh install of 7.10 from the DVD, but that also did not work.  I also noted that when I installed the Ubuntu Studio 7.10 that it did not include the new "screens and graphics" item on the menus, and did not include compiz fusion.

  In any case, if you want to upgrade, you can download the Ubuntu Studio ISO image and burn it to DVD, then do the upgrade from there.

Pietro Bergamo <bergamopietro at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
          Hi everybody!
I'm a Ubuntu Studio user and I'd like to know if I should update to Ubuntu 7.10. Would it interfere with the configurations provided by Ubuntu Studio?
Thanks,
Pietro

Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail, o único sem limite de espaço para armazenamento! --
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com

http://mail.yahoo.com