two sound cards, keeping their HW number

Luke Yelavich themuso at
Sun Oct 14 03:05:01 BST 2007

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 10:38:04AM EST, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Saturday 13 October 2007, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> > A better solution is to set the sound card you want as the default, and
> > yes, there is a way of doing this without having to force a card to a
> > perticular address.
> Now *that* is a good trick to know.  I hope this works.  What about stupid OSS
> apps like the flash plugin, etc.?

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for OSS, as OSS is taken care of entirely in kernel space, so
far as I know. However, it may be possible to use the flash plugin with something like the
alsa-oss package. Alternatively, you could try gnash, which uses gstreamer, and help the devs
improve its support for the various flash content on the web. :)
- --
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso at