getting echoaudio soundcard to work

Jonathan Leonard jonathan.adams.leonard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:07:11 BST 2007

On Oct 2, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Susan Cragin wrote:

> Jonathan -- thank you. Instructions worked substituting "indigoio" for
> your cardname.
> However, I have a problem editing alsa-base to set the index to 0.
> Should I put it at the top of the "options" list near the end?
> Susan

I would keep my own section after the options.

For example:

#Load my fricken layla you maniacs!
options snd-layla20 index=0

Then crosscheck to make sure nothing conflicts with that
setting...Make sure only one device is given the value 0, and that
the device reference is also unique.  Remember to reboot for the
changes to take affect.

I can't help expressing curiosity for how the -2 for the caiaq driver
got there as I don't recall the default alsa-base file having a
reference to this at all.  I thought alsa-base came from Ubuntu
Studio, not alsa.

Hope this helps!

-jonathan adams leonard