newbie help please

brendon brendontoogood at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 11:09:12 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 11:53 +0200, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> brendon
> > ok guys I am new to doing recording stuff and using these types of
> > programs, I am in need of some help on a good program to use, and is
> > easy with some documentation to get me started.
> >
> > i am using UbuntuStudio Feisty
> >

> allright - so what exactly do you want to do?
I play the guitar(accustic) and wanting to record me playing, i will be
using my compaq presario c554tu laptop,i know not the best but hey got
to start somewhere to get to know my way around these programs.

what I am after to record me playing and maybe play around with drum
beats later on , I know i will need a mic to record using the mic in
port, so where do i start?

pretty new to this but a great interest of mine to write and record my
own music.