*Something Fun* Help me build a mobile recording box.

Kim Burgess phreaksaccount at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 02:49:37 GMT 2007

I'm currently running a setup basically the same as what you described. It
currently consists of an AMD x2 3800+, 2gb ram, 1T of raid space, RME 9652,
Focusrite Octapre LE, behringer ADA8000 (when clocked to the RME the
converters aren't to bad, just crap pres) and a behringer ultramatch pro
(once again, clocked to the RME its great for samplerate conversion on
digital sources and has another 2 A/D D/A's it it). All mounted in a 10U
flight case.

As Matthew said you're not going to need a mixer unless you are wanting to
submix on the input chain. So far this setup has proved extremely usable and
having the RME gives me plently of headroom on my ins so I can simply hire
more converters when needed.

Price wise you'll find that if you look around you can pick up a lot of the
gear you need for pretty decent second hand / special prices. For example.
the RME set me back AU$465 inc postage of ebay, and there are still places
where it retails for round the AU$1600 mark. If you want advice on any
specific gear or your setup in general check out www.gearslutz.com, 'low end
theory' is useful, 'hi end' is great for a drool.
Kim Burgess

P  +61 7 3366 8971
M  +61 4 2339 9187
E  phreaksaccount at gmail.com