Help on sound card choise

Vladimir Jagodic fragolich at alice.it
Thu Nov 22 07:53:26 GMT 2007

Hello everybody,

I need an advice. I'm looking for a sound card to use with

Ubuntu studio to record my live concert. I would like to record 8 track
from subgroups plus if possible two more tracks separately taking them
from a splitter or direct out from a mixer channel. I've been browsing
through a web but I can't figure out which one to by. I was thinking
about M-audio1814 but it seems that it's not supported. Focusrite
sapphire 26? Did any of you try this one? RME doesn't make a firewire
sound card supported on Linux, or do they? Other manufactures?

Thanks

Vladi