fonts

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Nov 22 04:54:34 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, holotone at gmail.com wrote:

> Uhh... Why in the world do you have to remove the fonts? The only time I
> even notice that they are there is when browsing foreign language websites,

I think what he's getting at is when you go into a font picker dialog in some
application like, say, the GIMP, and the top 40 or so fonts on the list are
all mysteriously useless things that start with ae_, and all render into one
of about four different typefaces in Latin-based languages.

This seems to be a standard Ubuntu thing for some reason.  I have no idea why,
but I suspect whatever this stuff is for, it's not for me anyway.

I'm not trying to change anything.  I'm just trying to help explain what I
think the other guy is getting on about here.
--
D. Michael McIntyre