Trying to record form line-in: crappy sound. Voice is ok.

Javier GARCIA tirengarfio at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:06:51 GMT 2007

HI,

i'm trying to record some from my cd player (discman)  to ubuntu.

When i connect this discman to the line-in of the computer, i hear the sound
of the tape recorder on the speakers of my computer but the sound is crappy.

I get recording it with Sound Recorder but when I play it, the sound is
still crappy.

I have tried selecting Mic , Front Mic  and Line on Alsamixer.

Other clues:
- When i record my voice from a microphone the recording is Ok.
- when i open puredata and select Media>ALSA it shows this continously:

"tried but couldn't sync A/D/A"

Any idea?

br.
GARFF