Ubuntu Studio & Qsampler

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:44:35 GMT 2007

Oh, you know what, I recall that when I upgraded Ubuntu-Studio did not
properly set the permissions of /dev/shm, the shared memory directory.
 Can you verify the permissions of that?  Mine is

cdawson at djavan:~$ ls -l /dev | grep shm
drwxrwxrwt 2 root   root          40 2007-11-12 14:37 shm

Does yours show the same?

You might also run jack under strace, like so:

strace /usr/bin/jackd -R -u -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2

I think this is where I discovered it could not open the shm directory
and create files there.

Chris