how to configure the network in a lab with 8 computers and ubuntustudio

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Wed Nov 7 23:22:49 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Asmo Koskinen wrote:

> Jammaria Croocklin kirjoitti:
> > Or this =>  http://www.ltsp.org/
>
> Jackd won't work in LTSP-environment, so goodbye Rosegarden, Ardour etc.

Plus Rosegarden has known issues running multiple instances of itself under
different users on the same computer.

I misremember all the details, but it's enough to kill the idea of doing
anything interesting with Rosegarden in an LTSP-like environment.  Some of
the problems could be solved if there were real interest, but I think we
concluded that the best we could do in this environment would be so
annoyingly limited as to be essentially pointless.
--
D. Michael McIntyre