failed to fetch

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Tue Nov 6 11:08:48 GMT 2007

Pietro Bergamo wrote:
> I've been trying to update from feisty to gutsy (by simply clicking the
> button in the update manager), but the update manager always stops giving
> me an error message, "failing to fetch" these three files:
<snip>
> Does anybody know what's wrong? Sorry if I'm doing something stupid.

Hello Pietro,

all UbuntuStudio's packages are nowadays in the official Ubuntu
repositories, so there is no need for a separate repository anymore. You
should be able to upgrade to Gutsy simply by replacing
archive.ubuntustudio.org with archive.ubuntu.com. Then a normal dist-upgrade
should be entirely possible.

--
Jaska