gnome settings manager error to start desktop

Jarbas Jacome jandila at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:25:39 GMT 2007

Hello,

does any body have the same bug with UbuntuStudio?

Sometimes, when I start UbuntuStudio, I receive this error message:

"Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.

GNOME will try to load settings manager in the next time it starts."

when its happens, a lot of stuffs don work well, including theme
configs, hd drives arent mounted, etc.

I've found a link about it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/control-center/+bug/84876

thank you.