More "feature-rich" burning app for Ubuntu Studio-Hardy.

Edward Dunagin edunagin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:52:40 GMT 2007

Hello All,

On Nov 4, 2007 2:31 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> While I personally don't see the need for a more "feature-rich" burning
> app to be included by default in Ubuntu Studio, it has been requested.
> I'd like to see some chat about this from users here. Pros/Cons/whatever.
>
> The choices would be between:
>  * Gnomebaker
>  * Brasero
>  * K3B (big MAYBE on this one as its not GTK but KDE apps fit in better
> all the time)

I have used k3b starting back when I switched to KDE from Gnome. I
find it very useful and since giving Gnome a whirl with UguntoStudio,
I have used k3b for all my burning needs in Gnome.

> Also, what must be kept in mind is how it fits in with what we do. How
> does it help audio, video and graphic production more than whats
> included through Nautilus?

> Note that we are looking at gcdmaster* to include in Ubuntu Studio-Hardy
> for audio CD specific tasks.

I just download gcdmaster and find I must sudo in order to run it, and
I see no provision for DVD's.

> *Gnome CD Master is a GUI frontend for creating audio CDs and burning
> them using
> cdrdao.

Just my  $.02

--