Is there a way to play Windows Media Player Stream

Beepo / Vanguard beepo at vanguard.fi
Thu Nov 1 12:23:31 GMT 2007

Hi,

It should be possible to run Windows media player with Ubuntu using
wine. At least the Crossover (commercial wine front end) fully supports
it and works well on my RHEL5 based work laptop.

Of course you can try for example mplayer with windows codecs (available
at mplayer home page) but I'm not sure how well they will work with streams.

Here in Finland there's also some broadcasting companies that provide
the material only in windows formats. Their argument is that only the
windows formats are possible to protect against unauthorized copying. Hrm...

BR:
-Beepo

--
Best regards: