No MIDI playback

Joseph Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri May 25 19:06:06 BST 2007

leyoy at free.fr wrote:
> is jack running on your system ?
> you need also software like timidity or qsynth to play midi.

Jack is installed and Rosegarden is set to start the JACK daemon when it
starts up (one of the things I tried already to solve the problem).

Timitidy and qsynth are both installed but again, I'm totally unfamiliar
with them and how they work.

My guess is that setting up these elements properly will solve the
problem but I would appreciate very much a friendly explanation of how
to do this.

As for the soundcard, it's an Intel chipset for laptops (82801DB).

Thanks again,

    -- Joe