Can't reboot

Tipton, Timothy Timothy.Tipton at pxd.com
Wed Jun 13 15:29:35 BST 2007

Thank you for your response;

I cannot reboot from terminal. It does the same thing as rebooting from
the gui. I read the thread you sent, and it seems my problem is slightly
different; nothing freezes, and the gui goes away, I just get stuck with
a black screen, OR it will get to the splash screen of the bios and just
hang there.

I've also already tried to reconfigure X - still have no luck. I will
try again, if need be, but tell me this, after I backup my current
Xorg.conf - if it screws up, how do I replace it back on top of the
"new(broken)" one?

Thanks for your help,
Tipton