[Ubuntu Studio] Welcome, Marco (one week late)

the.peregrine at suddenlink.net the.peregrine at suddenlink.net
Sat Jul 28 19:40:53 BST 2007

Hello Marco,

I'm Jeff, and I've been involved in publishing as a writer, photographer and editor since 1972. I also play music, and for several years I was a television producer. So ... much of my work experience relates to media.

I'm curious what tools you have used in the past, before coming to Ubuntu? I think we might help one another more if we know more about our different backgrounds.

For photography and design, I have used Photoshop and several good shareware programs including Polyview, Irfanview and XnView (mostly in Windows, but some Photoshop on the Mac). I continue to use Photoshop at work, but I use the GiMP at home and I like it. For layout and design, I have used mainly Quark XPress and Adobe Pagemaker. I have used Adobe Illustrator only a little, and Inkscape a little less!

Welcome to Ubuntu Studio! Other than the GiMP, Most of my experience here so far is with Audacity, which I used first in Windows.

Jeff