priority problem

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Sat Jul 14 18:08:32 BST 2007

olaf hochherz schrieb:
> o maybe i explaned it wrong.
> its the actual svn version.
> but i do things with sclang wich do not behave like an audio programm.
> somehow its normal that the programm is blocking the computer.
> the only thing is that it get a too high priority.
> how can i give a programm a low priority.

OK - now I get it ;-)
You can try to run the prog with moe niceness such as:

#nice -3 startcommandofyourprog

> what means the memlock line?

It allows jack to lock down memory. The RAM will only be used as needed
by jack. That is: if RAM is needed jack comes first to the amount given
in this line. If jack does not need all of the memory, other apps can
use it as usual. I have 1 Gig RAM and allow jack to lock up to 920000 -
works perfectly well.....