lenovo 3000 c200 and ubuntu studio

Matt Brown deadguysfrom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:40:46 BST 2007

What specifically isn't working?  I've gotten ubuntu and ubuntustudio
working on a number of laptops (some of which are really old), so I'm
cautiously optimistic.  I googled "lenovo 3000 c200 linux" and came up
with these interesting links:

http://www.linlap.com/wiki/Lenovo+3000+C200
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2725

After reading through these, I'm guessing your problem is that the
sound isn't working? If that's right, there's a comment on the bug
that may help you:

 "Got this soundcard to work : I simply added this option to the boot
command line : acpi=ht. It has disabled the acpi feature and made the
soundcard work."

So I'd suggest you give that a try, and report back.  If it doesn't
work, can you give us some further details about your problem?

If you haven't edited the boot command line before, check this out:
http://grumpymole.blogspot.com/2007/05/ubuntu-how-to-edit-grub-boot-parameters.html

-matt brown