More "feature-rich" burning app for Ubuntu Studio-Hardy. (Update)

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 26 22:22:58 GMT 2007

Hartmut Noack wrote:
> "Look and feel" is irrelevant, if there is more/better functionality.
> After all the usability of K3B is very good and it is the most advanced
> burner for Linux.
>
> To be perfectly honest: I fail to see the point in having a "everything
> looks the same"-environment. Especially in linux audio you *need* to
> have GTK-Apps like Ardour or Jamin mixed with QT-apps like Rosegarden
> and of course qjackctl. And there is nothing wrong about this.

"Look and feel" is *not* irrelevant. Try telling that to any
marketing/design firm.

Also, you must re-read what I said. For what Ubuntu Studio does I'm
failing to see what K3B does over other GNOME-based burning apps. So
with that, "look and feel" comes into play. If K3B was using QT4 it
wouldn't be a issue. Qjackctl now uses QT4 and Rosegarden is one of
those essential apps. K3B is not.

So unless someone can show how K3b is better for
_what_Ubuntu_Studio_does_ vs. a GNOME-based app I will consider
Gnomebaker or Brasero. As far as I see, K3B is better for the general
desktop user.

-Cory \m/