Quickcam Pro and Gutsy?

Jonathan Leonard jonathan.adams.leonard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:47:33 GMT 2007

Hi there folks, I am having trouble getting the quickcam pro to load in
Gutsy-RT.  Specifically, modprobe of quickcam produces an error:

FATAL: Error inserting quickcam
(/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-rt/ubuntu/media/quickcam/quickcam.ko): Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Looking in the system log I find these lines are generated:

Dec 18 08:41:04 munchkin kernel: [  670.989817] quickcam: Unknown symbol
there_is_no_init_MUTEX_LOCKED_for_RT_semaphores

I don't have the quickcam pro connected yet, but am eager to try some things
Asmo has been sharing lately.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

jonathan adams leonard