The mystical world of video...

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Dec 16 04:27:57 GMT 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:

> Looks like QDVDAuthor is the closest to what I'm looking for.  More or
> less. At least it looks somewhat promising.

Well, it spent like five hours running my box at a load average of 3.0 or
more, and it did produce a directory full of stuff, but it seems like more
than half of what I was trying to get here is missing, and I still can't
figure out any way to burn the @#%@#^@#^@#^ thing to a @#%@#%@^@^@#^ DVD.

K3B puked because "some files seem to be missing" or something.  Yeah, like
the other 2/3 of what I was trying to get here.

Makes me think unless I'm missing the train in a major way, maybe Ubuntu
Studio better think twice about promoting the whole video aspect of things.
Looks like this is about as useful for video twiddling for the average dumb
kid luser as a bucket full of rusty tacks.
--
D. Michael McIntyre