The mystical world of video...

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Dec 15 03:44:09 GMT 2007

I googled, I pissed away four hours, and I still don't have all my little .avi
files from my digital camera burnt onto a DVD+R to toss around as cheap
presents for relatives.  Though I did sit here for hours and hours and hours
while various things slowly crept toward 100% of the way through converting
my videos to their local format, only to take a crap on themselves before I
could actually accomplish anything.

This is obviously not going to yield to the clueless random luser walking in
with absolutely no video experience.  So where do I start?  I've never used
anything in the Windows realm either.  I'm a delicate virgin, so be gentle!

I have a pile of .avi files.  I've given up on trying to actually edit them.
I would settle for burning a DVD that says what each thing roughly is.
Like "PLAY THIS THINGIE FOR THE JITTERY HAND-HELD CAPTURE OF THE FIRST
SELECTION FROM THE SPRING CONCERT 2006."

I actually burned a DVD, with a little title thingie and everything, but damn
if I can figure out how I did it.  Did I use Windows?  I think I must have,
sorry to admit.
--
D. Michael McIntyre