Sound Blaster Live 5.1 stops working.

RoLo rolodoom at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 18:47:19 GMT 2007

Hello. I just notice that my card stops working. I have a Sound Blaster
Live 5.1.
I have tested the next way so I think that the card is still correctly
installed, so I guess the problem is somewhere I don't know.

rolodoom at rolinux:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Live           ]: EMU10K1 - SB Live [Unknown]
                      SB Live [Unknown] (rev.10, serial:0x80671102) at
0x1000, irq 21

Then I tested with the next command and actually get sound, but only
from console, when I open totem, audacity, etc, there is no sound. Jack
also stops working.

rolodoom at rolinux:~$ speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6 -twav

speaker-test 1.0.14

Playback device is plug:surround51
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 6 channels
WAV file(s)
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 64 to 16384
Period size range from 16 to 16384