Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 23

raydar raydar at inetnebr.com
Thu Dec 13 13:33:40 GMT 2007

"Asmo Koskinen":

> > P4 with 1 GB RAM. It is no joy with P3 or with RAM less than 1 GB.
> >
> > Of course you can do things without X - like Ecasound/HDR on Duron 800
> > with 256 M RAM:
> >
> > http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/HDR_M-Audio_Delta_66
> >
> > But do not call that machine Studio...

I'm another Athlon user, but this machine's only a 1.8GHz 2200+ w/512MB RAM.  I'm not going to brag about how much I can run at one time; I'm just doing some small audio recording & midi projects of my own. I have plenty of joy, no major bogdowns or anything else annoying yet, but then I'm still getting my feet wet after cutting my teeth on Reason in XP.  Maybe I just haven't gotten used to having a Ferrari. :D