USB drum pad

Louis Edwards lwedwards at
Tue Dec 11 13:44:47 GMT 2007

There are tons of Midi drum pads.  And you can get them relatively
inexpensively.  Check out the Roland 8-Pad for a basic functionality set.
Then get a cheap USB-Midi adapter and you're in business.

From: ubuntu-studio-users-bounces at
[mailto:ubuntu-studio-users-bounces at] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 7:00 PM
To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
Subject: USB drum pad

I need to find a USB drum pad that works under Linux.  I'm actually not
planning to use it for making music.  I want to retrieve any hits on the
pads within a perl script.  Anyone have suggestions?

"If we fail to impeach, we have condoned and left unpunished a course of
conduct totally inconsistent with the reasonable expectations of the
American people. We will have condoned a presidential course of conduct
designed to interfere with and obstruct the very process he has sworn to
uphold. We will have condoned and left unpunished an abuse of power totally
without justification. In short, a power appears to have corrupted. It is a
sad period in American history, but I cannot condone what I have heard, I
cannot excuse it and I cannot and will not stand still for it."  Republican
Senator M. Caldwell Butler of Virginia on Nixon in '72.