Mailing List Etiquette

Larry Lines larry at twistedpop.com
Mon Dec 3 20:25:06 GMT 2007

I received a couple of emails in response to my words on etiquette and
top posting.  I'd like to reveal that I am actually new (about two
months) to this list as well.  So I am no authority on the use or
etiquette of this list.  I just thought it would be nice to point out
that general rule.  I plan on being a part of Ubuntu Studio lists for a
while and getting more involved.  So there's my disclaimer.

The emails I received seemed to be from people generally newer to the
Linux community asking for general rules on mailing list etiquette.  I
looked for a general etiquette for Linux mailing lists faq or something
on google, but basically each mailing list has its own etiquette and
usually you can find those rules somewhere.  Since Ubuntu Studio is an
offshoot of Ubuntu and we seem to be using their resources for forums
etc, I thought that the rules listed for Ubuntu mailing lists probably
apply to Ubuntu Studio: