Apology for/explanation of rant, was Re: What do you guys listen to? :)

greg emond g4gregoire at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:28:19 GMT 2007

my  turn to say DOH!   shouldve put a smiley at the end of that tirade.... :)

i got your humor the first time around, and just answered the same way... you know, if we cant laugh at ourselves a bit, then we dont deserve to point a finger at others.   I shouldve added thestinky cheese and the underarm baguette as well...mightve been a bit more obvious.....sorry!

you know, quebec is just up north of you guys, so dont worry, im exposed enough not to take offense.....and quebec ladys are quite good looking to  ;)   (even though im married to a japanese.....)

cheers, and hope your beer is as good as mine! > From: michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com> To: ubuntu-studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Apology for/explanation of rant, was Re: What do you guys listen to? :)> Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:10:47 -0500> > On Sunday 02 December 2007, greg emond wrote:> > > I am french, and the first joke was very funny. The seond one was... THE> > truth! I will lift my arms and kill you all with the toxic fumes that> > emanate from there! vive le quebec libre!> > I shouldn't have gone there, but since I did, and since a fair number of > people really don't seem to get it, I feel I should point out for any > non-American friends who didn't grasp the irony that the whole rant > was "acted out" by a stereotypical insular American with no idea what's going > on outside this country's borders. It was all a laugh at the worst my > country has to offer on the world stage, not at anyone outside these borders > at all, and most especially not French people. (Je parle français aussi, mon > ami, bien que je le parle très mal.) [TRANSLATION OF FRENCH TEXT: I speak > French too, my friend, though I speak it very badly.]> > So anyone in the audience who isn't American should point at us and laugh, and > anyone who lives inside these borders should look around and laugh. We're > not all like that, but some of us really are.> > But the whole thing was really a horrible public exhibit of why I spent a > significant part of my childhood getting beaten up by somebody. Lots of > people don't get my twisted sense of humor at all, and especially not in an > environment where most readers speak English as a second language, and > haven't spent as many hours as I have watching Monty Python, South Park, > Carlos Mencia, and weirdly twisted French and Spanish movies.> > Sorry about all the noise everybody. I just want to make sure there are no > hard feelings.> > If necessary, I'll call Dad over to come hold my head in the toilet and get > one of my kids to take a picture of me getting a good old fashioned American > swirly. That is if the old man is strong enough to lift my stereotypically > overweight American truck driving redneck ass that high.> -- > D. Michael McIntyre > > -- > Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list> Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users