Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 11

Marco Alexandre akitae at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:32:28 BST 2007

"Right tool for the right person.

Nobody continue this thread because its unproductive. Its not a debate.
Just and odd goodbye. (odd because I never get why people feel the need).

-Cory"

As i see it, is productive to know the lacks of the "system" to improve its
functionality.
Don't get me wrong, i m just redirecting my linux attention to "opentone"
initiative and the available color profiling systems for linux to aid on
it's development.
Then, i can get back to the amazing Ubuntu Studio.
A ICC screen profile have a lifetime of about 3 months, then the screen must
be re-calibrated. the only workaround is profile it on proprietary Operating
System and use the ICC with Argyll.
**Argyll and Xcalib might  be 2 packages that could be useful as standard on
future Ubuntu Studio releases. As well as CMYK plugins in gimp.

About the support for profiling hardware, i simply don't know whom to talk
to about this.

Still being unproductive? i might be the only one missing this features...