Firefox/Flash with jackd

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 19 02:55:38 BST 2007

"Chris Dawson" <xrdawson at gmail.com> writes:

Sorry for the late reply.

> I'll ask on the jackd list, but if you have suggestions I'd appreciate
> it.

I will take a look at it and get back to you.

> I am surprised that this is a possible solution because I assumed
> alsa/oss applications directly access (and lock) the hardware,

Not necessarily. This all depends on whether you have a multichanneled
card. If your card is multichanneled, all apps can output to hardware
simultaneously. With non-multichanneled cards, the latest ALSA defaults
to setting up dmix- its software mixer plugin, but of course this is no
good for production work.

Charles

--
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free.
		-- Linus Torvalds