Recording is bumpy

DennisMail at gmx.net DennisMail at gmx.net
Thu Aug 2 10:11:58 BST 2007

Hello List!

I am quite new to recording with linux. I use Ardour 2 on two different machines, one with Kubuntu and the other with Ubuntustudio.

As I just want to learn how all of this jackd and ardour works together, I use a TerraTec Aureon 5.1 USB MKII soundcard, not a high end card.

My problem is that with ubuntustudio, the recording is very bumpy, which means that sometimes 5 seconds, the PC does nothing and then goes on.

Now, I´m facing the situation that as I am new in recording with linux, I don´t know where to start looking for the reason. This may have to do with root rights (realtime), with USB issues (soundcard), with start-options of jackd and lots of other things, as far as I can see now.

Can please anybody help me to get at least on the track where the problem is lying? Thanks a lot!!!

Regards,
Dennis