[ubuntu-studio-devel] [ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntu Studio 19.10 (Eoan Ermine) Beta Released

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Sat Sep 28 18:55:37 UTC 2019

Ralf and Mike,

You guys do realize that we have very little to do with the actual
development of what is included and simply put it all together, right?
The only things we really have any actual code in are
ubuntustudio-controls and ubuntustudio-installer, and some of the
default configuration. The Xubuntu team is more involved with Xfce itself.

Ralf: Mousepad is part of the Xfce suite, so for consistency sake we
include it. Xfce includes no official GUI archiver, so we (and Xubuntu)
include File Roller from GNOME. There's your consistency.

Remember: Ubuntu Studio, like all of the official flavors is NOT a
separate distribution from Ubuntu. So far, your critiques have been
about the overarching system and nothing with which we have any direct
involvement. The performance increases that Mike mentioned are mostly
tuning done in the Kernel (again, nothing where we have direct
involvement). I just want to disspel the myth that Ubuntu Studio is a
separate distribution from Ubuntu. It is not. The "Studio" just denotes
what's installed and configured by default, much like the "K" in
Kubuntu, the "X" in Xubuntu, the "L" in Lubuntu, the "MATE" in Ubuntu
MATE, etc.

If you find something wrong, bug reports please! ($ ubuntu-bug
{packagename})

So, if you wouldn't mind, please give critique over things that we have
control over which, albiet, isn't much. Other than that, thanks!

----
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader
Ubuntu Studio