[ubuntu-studio-devel] LiveFS ubuntustudio/focal/amd64 failed to build on 20191119

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 20 15:14:09 UTC 2019

Hi Ross,

On 11/20/2019 6:25 AM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> This doesn't look like it is going away by itself!
>
> The standard seed pulls in ntfs-3g which pulls in fuse. This is probably
> not something we should fiddle with.
>
> Kdenlive is pulling in fuse3 (which conflicts with fuse) via a tortuous
> dependency path. But there are a couple of "recommends" in the path.
> Near the bottom of the chain, qml-module-org-kde-purpose only recommends
> kdeconnect.
>
> Should we try temporarily blacklisting kdeconnect?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ross

I've already been talking to the release team about this (specifically
Adam Conrad). Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do from our side.
fuse and fuse3 are meant to be co-installable, so basically somebody
upstream in Debian screwed-up. Adam is already working on some sort of
fix in Ubuntu which he intends to push upstream.

Thanks,
Erich