[ubuntu-studio-devel] [Ubuntu Studio] Cry For Help

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Tue Mar 5 01:03:33 UTC 2019

Hi Ross (and good morning by the time you likely read this),

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 8:02 AM, Ross Gammon <rosco at ubuntustudio.org>
wrote:
> On 3/4/19 4:30 PM, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
>>  Hi Ross,
>>
>>  On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 3:09 AM, Ross Gammon <rosco at ubuntustudio.org
>> <mailto:rosco at ubuntustudio.org>> wrote:
>>>  [snip]
>>>  carla-bridge-wine{64|32} are empty packages that just depend on
>>> wine
>>>  etc. Is there any reason why carla-bridge-win{64|32} could not
>>> depend
>>>  on wine etc. instead of depending on an empty package that depends
>>> on
>>>  wine? It would simplify things and get rid of some lintian
>>> warningsI'l
>>
>>  I'll check on this with FalkTX and see if he has any answers.
>>

>>  Erich
>>

> Thanks. I had to go shopping for more pain-killers, and followup on
> some
> Debian bugs (including one I reported) about false-positive lintian
> warnings.
>
> That is the last potential change, then I will finalise and ask for
> sponsorship.
>
> Ross

Excellent. However, I found the missing .install files for the wine
bridges and reverted the commit to debian/control. Now the packages are
no longer empty and should contain the requisite files.

I'll go ahead and make some install logs and screenshots.

Erich