[ubuntu-studio-devel] [Ubuntu Studio] Cry For Help

Ross Gammon rosco at ubuntustudio.org
Mon Mar 4 11:09:49 UTC 2019

Hi Erich,

Hopefully I will finish Carla today. I am sitting at home with a numb
mouth after the dentist attacked me ;-)

On 3/3/19 11:31 AM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> One was about a missing dependency on python. The correct way to fix
> this is to build with dh-python (pybuild) and put a ${python3:Depends}
> in debian/control so that python is added automatically as a dependency.
> But this builds a whole heap of cython files that I wasn't too sure
> about, so I dropped it until I had more time to investigate.

I have added python3 manually as a dependency of carla.

> The other was a warning about an empty package which sounded a bit serious.

carla-bridge-wine{64|32} are empty packages that just depend on wine
etc. Is there any reason why carla-bridge-win{64|32} could not depend on
wine etc. instead of depending on an empty package that depends on wine?
It would simplify things and get rid of some lintian warnings.

Cheers,

Ross