[ubuntu-studio-devel] Web design/theme contribution

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Jul 7 15:32:31 UTC 2019

On Sun, July 7, 2019 7:45 am, Shinta Carolinasari wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I apologize for the late progress.
> We are keep working on it, and here's the latest progress:
> http://ubuntustudio.playmain.com/

I am not a visual based person, at least not to the extent most others are
here. So take my comments with that context. I personally think this would
be great for the next LTS launch with it's fresh new look.

The only thing I would change, is to not have "open source" as the first
feature. I think linux, ubuntu, and the creative tools we include are
beyond that. Now Open source OS, support, and applications are good to use
for their own merits beyond just open source. For example Linux is one of
the most stable and secure OS available. Ubuntu probably has the broadest
support. Certainly one of the largest user bases. Gimp has seem much of
it's development in the film industry and has been used in almost every
major animated film seen on the big screen for a number of years. Blender
is the choice of independent film artists. The same can be said about
Ardour which is used as the recording software inside of Harrison's
flagship digital consoles used for both large budget film score/sound
stage, as well as some top name music artists.

Oh and by the way, it is open source too. So open source is great but the
tools are also some of the best and that is a reason to use Studio
already.

Before you make any changes... wait for other comments though. As I said,
visual and advertising are not my top abilities for sure.

Also note, that my view of the above web page is outside, sitting on a
picknick table, in the rain... but under a shelter :) using an "i8" tablet
(not apple despite the i in front) That keeps telling me that chrome,
google and youtube have stopped... even though I am using none of them. It
seems I can no longer use or upgrade playstore either.... so not the
latest or the geatest but barely adequate for email, web pages, and
watching youtube... using firefox :)

o for what it' worth, Great job so far.

www.OvenWerks.net