[ubuntu-studio-devel] LMMS & Calf: The Ongoing Saga

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Sat Feb 2 18:35:29 UTC 2019

Hi Ross,

On 2/2/2019 1:56 AM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> [snip] The temporary fix is simple (to stop the LiveCD failure).
> Revert the seeds change and exclude lmms.
Probably the best route for the moment. Honestly, I'm inclined to agree
with Len on this one as lmms is running behind, technologically
speaking. There have to be better solutions for its use case. Anyone who
has an idea on this, feel free to chime-in.
> Another possibility, is to upload an Ubuntu version changing the
> Depends to Recommends. But then I am worried we will run into GCCv8
> build failures on amd64 & i386 which is the other fix included in the
> latest Debian version.
I agree, we should do everything we can to stick to the Debian version
since it has the necessary fixes.
> Hopefully I will have a chance to dig further this weekend, but I
> can't guarantee it.
I totally get that. Had an interesting latter-half of the week myself.
My truck's tires all needed to be changed, but became more critical with
a rather large bulge in one of them suggesting imminent blow-out.
Additionally, I like to reserve my weekends to being with my family.
> Ross PS: I will do the temporary fix now though. That is easy.
Perfect. I've already announced that there's a possibility that lmms
won't be included in 19.04. Seems to have been met with the proverbial
shrug by most of the community.

Erich