[ubuntu-studio-devel] LMMS & Calf: The Ongoing Saga

Erich Eickmeyer erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Fri Feb 1 05:42:36 UTC 2019

LMMS isn’t the problem.  The problem was erroneous packaging by the Debian packager.

The ladspa version of the Calf plugins were never meant to be exposed to other applications besides LMMS, but the packager of LMMS in Debian decided to expose the ladpsa version to the rest of the system against the advice of both the Calf and LMMS developers.

Erich