[ubuntu-studio-devel] Adding gimp-python to pre-installed packages

Thomas Pfundt captain-tux at protonmail.ch
Tue Dec 3 11:30:00 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I hope this is not redundant, but what do you think about adding gimp-python to the pre-installable US-packages?

I've just noticed that the Resynthesize Healing-plugins weren't available in GIMP and thought this was because of the gimp-plugin-registry at first. After re-installing, I still didn't have them in the filter-list and found out after searching online that was due to gimp-python not being installed.

I don't know how pupular they are, but for me they are basically a bread-and-butter tool for quickly picking up dirt from the ground or cleaning a background just by using selection and hotkeys, I can only imagine it being confusing if someone else got used to them.

PS: I also just saw that xiccd is already installed and the new Xfce display color management just works out of the box, very cool!

Kind regards,
Thomas