[ubuntu-studio-devel] Package Tracker

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Aug 8 20:25:23 UTC 2019

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com wrote:

> As I'm having trouble getting RaySession accepted, I might be trying to
> get Non-Session-Manager in instead. It might take a little more work,
> but it looks like it would be favored over RaySession.

It appears NSM can be edited to use fltk instead of ntk for the gui. While
NTK is an extesion of fltk, it appears nsm does not use any of the
extensions. Judging from the conversation on #LAD a few weeks ago there
was someone who popped in long enough to say they had done it and it was
trivial. Writing up a patch to add to upstream may be more difficult...
maybe USSM? (ubuntustudio session manger) as a fork...

Anyway, I am no good at packaging so maybe that is why I feel patching the
upstream is hard. Though it may be that technically changing the gui tool
kit is a fork anyway.

www.ovenwerks.net