[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio - hangs on shutdown/restart

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Mon Sep 3 01:07:48 UTC 2018

Might be a kernel hang with your hardware, I've seen such problems come and go
with Linux over the years, usually hanging just before poweroff and after all filesystems
have been unmounted. I would just power cycle when this happens and treat the machine
as usable. If logs show you are NOT getting all the filesystems unmounted this would get
a little chancier but data should always be backed up anyway.

I for one have never lost data or encountered filesystem corruption due to shutoff hangs,
but also always have good backups.